Boldly You!
Thursday, September 15, 2005
  The norm...like candy...so inviting
So am I alone, or am I what they would consider the "NORM?"

I have never really felt like I plug-in to society. The mainstream has never really captured my heart or my imagination.

Why not?

Well, my observations tell me of things that are not as they appear. A smile may not really be a smile. Kind words may be a prelude to an attack. (Interesting enough as I am writing this I am "SURPRISED" by my words...)

No, I don't see the world as a violent place. Rather the life that "THEY" say we should be living appears to be more about "SURVIVAL" and the "FEAR" of no tomorrow or arriving at tomorrow (which is today) without enough to live.

People, you know humans, each and everyone of us, including me, have the amazing ability to do anything if the pressure is focused on the right spot and the focus is given enough energy.

The norm strikes me as something more akin to a pressure cooker. A cooker that is turned up a degree each day. As the temperature rises so too does the numbness.

Once the numbness is integrated then we become open to what "THEY" say our life should be like. You know: a bigger house, 2 1/2 children, a picket fence or the notion of "leave it to Beaver," and the list goes on.

Probably the most distressing notions of the norm, for me, are "life is a bitch, then you die," "nothing is guaranteed except taxes, and death," "people in hell want ice water too," "life is hard," and the list goes on, and on, and on.

Who made all of this up, and if you were not so numb would you really choose to live like that...really would you?

The norm ends life broke, and awake to the fact that they are about to drown as the illusionary raft that "THEY" taught us to build is suddenly gone.

Suddenly drowning, and it can be a prolonged experience an experience that no doubt leaves little time to appreciate what it was like to have the raft. Or is it that the memories are quite vivid and we then are able to now create our own numbness with what we learned from "THEM!"

All of that and still, what I wouldn't give to feel plugged in, just for a day. A day of feeling like I belong, a day of being a part.

It is crazy, wouldn't you agree, why would being normal even matter? Because somewhere along the line, I just like you, bought into the notion that "THEY" know more about how my life than I.

The norm...like candy...can make you sick. I am often quite satisfied with a few licks or chews of a delicious piece of candy. Finishing it is rarely the object of my desire.

Really, I would much rather enjoy the candy than consume.

Do you feel like you are normal and does it even matter for you?

With love,

James Smith

405-521-8609

James at ALifeOfPossibility dot com
 
Comments:
Thanks for the comment. I hope you join in on the "Hunt". As I am reading over your blog. I love inspirational get up and do it sayings. Lovin your words.
A quote just popped to me "What is a writer, without a reader? A writer that knows his own mind"

As for being normal.. hmm I dont think any of us is normal. we all have our own ideas on what normal is. normal foe me could be weird for you. But for myself I enjoy being not normal. *grins*
 
I don't think normal exists. I guess with my newly found Christian beliefs, it made sense to me that we don't fit in here. We aren't supposed to! This world can be crazy, but sometimes you just have to remember the good things about it . . . like peanut butter cookies right from the oven, or a purring cat in your lap. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Ever wonder if your really who you WANT TO BE or LIVING the LIFE YOU WANT? Don't you want to live a life that is BOLD and MEMORABLE? If you said yes, what are you WAITING FOR? Here you will find my daily inspirations and questions and bits and pieces of my life. Be a part if you dare! Number one rule: BE YOU and BE BOLD! Join me in having FUN, LOVING, CARING, LIVING, and BREATHING! Remember to BREATH, deep slow breaths, it is IMPORTANT!

Believing In YOU! A Daily Podcast

Why I blog...

Most recent post...

Thoughts on MEN:

MyDAD™ first thoughts...
The Hollow Man™

Thoughts on God:

Intuition...
Religion vs Pride...
Here's my props, to God!
Why God?
Is God a "Purpose" or an "Excuse?"
Without a bible is there a God?
I'm God not human...

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / January 2007 / October 2007 / March 2008 / July 2008 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2012 /


Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Parents Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed in LS Blogs
Weblog Directory
Blog Directory - Wil's Domain

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory