Boldly You!
Friday, August 12, 2005
 
---------------------------------------------------------

Death, one man's perspective...


If it could be different would you really want it to be?

It's tomorrow morning, my alarm clock is trying to wake me and not a sound do I hear. No, I'm not sleeping, it's time, it's my turn to find out what is really on the other side of this awake world.

Yes, I AM DEAD!

Come on, really, it is going to happen to me, and to you. Death is the one thing we don't get to avoid.

Why does everyone want to avoid DEATH?

In the book "Tuesdays with Morrie" the author talks about how Morrie came to appreciate death and through his appreciation of death he learned to "LOVE" the life he had left to live.

Don't do this, Don't do that...WHY NOT?

Really, how often do you hear such comments. A child goes outside to play and the first words from Mom's mouth "BE CAREFUL!" Ok, Dad's do it too...;-) Why is that?

Why not say "HAVE AN INCREDIBLE ADVENTURE!"

Did you hear that, "don't do that you'll get hurt!"

I believe Evel Knievel has broken every bone in his body. He has pins and metal plates to boot.

What a life, "REALLY!" How many people do you know that would actually consider, let alone try, to jump something called the "Snake River Canyon?"

Imagine what the world would have lost if Knievel lived a life without risk, just imagine.

Death, who knows what happens after death, it really doesn't matter for those who are alive or does it?

Here is a story, I will paraphrase. The point is "HUGE" for me, I would love to know what it means for you.

A man dies, and finds himself standing in front of God. He tells God how well he lived. He was very safe and very careful in his life. Not a single broken bone, and hardly even a scratch did he experience in his lifetime.

While basking in the pride of his accomplishment, God looked at the man, a bit puzzled, and asked "how is it that you didn't find at least one thing worth taking a risk or worth dieing for?"

It is tomorrow morning, by now my wife has turned off my alarm clock.

Don't cry I say, I lived, I loved, and it wasn't perfect. Still, "IT WAS FUN!" I never quit giving life my best in each moment.

"I LOVED IT ALL!"

In the end I had a life filled with adventure, many wonderful friends, three beautiful children, a dozen grandchildren, and a friend with whom I shared what it meant to be me.

We loved, we talked, we drifted, we talked, we loved, we argued, we struggled, we loved, and WE LOVED! This friend, "MY WIFE!"

The point:

Celebrate the life lived, "HAVE A PARTY!"

Love me in death as you loved me in life. Hate me in death as you hated me in life. Let me be the same in death as I was in life.

Death doesn't change what was lived!


If you could celebrate death would you?


Are you thankful for your "LIFE?"

With love,

James

405-521-8609
James at ALifeOfPossibility dot com
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Ever wonder if your really who you WANT TO BE or LIVING the LIFE YOU WANT? Don't you want to live a life that is BOLD and MEMORABLE? If you said yes, what are you WAITING FOR? Here you will find my daily inspirations and questions and bits and pieces of my life. Be a part if you dare! Number one rule: BE YOU and BE BOLD! Join me in having FUN, LOVING, CARING, LIVING, and BREATHING! Remember to BREATH, deep slow breaths, it is IMPORTANT!

Believing In YOU! A Daily Podcast

Why I blog...

Most recent post...

Thoughts on MEN:

MyDAD™ first thoughts...
The Hollow Man™

Thoughts on God:

Intuition...
Religion vs Pride...
Here's my props, to God!
Why God?
Is God a "Purpose" or an "Excuse?"
Without a bible is there a God?
I'm God not human...

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / January 2007 / October 2007 / March 2008 / July 2008 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2012 /


Powered by Blogger


Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Parents Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed in LS Blogs
Weblog Directory
Blog Directory - Wil's Domain

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory